General Event Information
This event is FREE to the public. Fiesta Latina is being marketed throughout New Mexico, southern Arizona and West.
Artisans representing hand-crafted items from across Latin America;
Food Vendors selling ethnic food;
Musicians performing Latin inspired music;
Tequila producers from across Mexico.
Artisans, Food, performances, workshops and demonstrations, Tequila tasting.
The 2nd Annual Fiesta Latina will take place on the campus of Western New Mexico University in Silver City, New Mexico at The Gardens, Hunter Hall Plaza and surrounding areas. 1000 W. College Ave., Silver City, NM.
Fees & Regulations
Standard Booth spaces are 10’ x 10’ for Friday night through Sunday. Vendors can purchase more than one space. When choosing the size space please keep in mind the complete size of your space including trailer hitches, tables, attachments, awnings, anything that may extend outside your area.
10’ x 10’: $100.00
10’ x 20’: $150.00
10’ x 10’: $50.00
A $25.00 deposit is due per booth with all applications. (Deposit only refunded if you are not chosen to participate.) Balance due upon acceptance to festival.
Vendor applications $25 deposit per booth fee must be received no later than June 3rd. Acceptance notification will be sent out by June 7th. Balance due upon acceptance.
Vendors must comply with the New Mexico Department of Health standards. Please contact 575-388-1934 or in person at 3082 32nd St Bypass, Suite D, Silver City NM 88061, for food service application. Complete and return to NMDH for your temporary license. Without this license you will not be permitted to set up.
The following items can NOT be displayed, sold or dispersed: alcohol, firearms, pornography of any kind, controlled substances of any kind, drug related paraphernalia, and offensive and/or profane items. The Fiesta Latina logo is trade marked by Western New Mexico University and cannot be used on any merchandise without written consent of WNMU. WNMU has the sole authority to determine if a vendor has violated this policy, and if it is concluded this policy has been violated, the vendor will be removed for the remainder of the event without a refund of any of the vendor fee. Please discuss any questionable items in advance.
There is limited electricity available. Vendors must supply their own 25’ outdoor rated 12 gauge electrical cords and secure cord covers. All cords must be covered for safety reasons. Generators must be pre-approved.
Water availability is limited. A self-contained system is optimal. Vendors requiring water must supply their own 100’ water hoses with shut off valves. Call with questions.
- Vendors agree to leave their booth area free of trash at the end of festival. Any trash left in the vendor area will be removed by the city or WNMU at the expense of the vendor.
- All grease must be disposed of in the grease barrels provided. Under no circumstances is grease to be disposed of in street or any other area except grease barrels. Anyone doing so will be fined and not invited back to the festival.
- Dangerously hot exhibit lighting (such as halogen) and combustible or explosive materials, items stacked at heights which could possibly fall; items displayed low or at ground level which might cause tripping; extremely sharp items; or any item of potential danger to the public, are not allowed on the grounds.
- Exposed grills, smokers, etc. must have barriers to keep the public from potential burns.
- All fabric coverings, table coverings and back drops must be flame retardant and fire resistant.
- Booths (tents or umbrellas) must be secured with 50lb weights per pole. Tie downs must be visibly flagged.
- No illegal drugs or alcohol are allowed on the premises at any time.
All vendors are responsible for paying their own New Mexico State Sales Tax:
No city vending permit is required.
Security is provided Friday and Saturday nights from 7:00 pm until 9:00 am. Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless WNMU for any loss or damage to property. Please plan accordingly.
- WNMU maintains the right to remove any vendor that is in violation of the policies and rules of Western New Mexico University. This includes, but is not limited to, laws of Silver City, New Mexico.
- WNMU reserves the right to refuse OR remove (prior to) or during the event any vendor whose products, intentions, or attitudes are not compatible with the family-oriented nature of Fiesta Latina.
- Re-selling or subletting your assigned booth space is not permitted.
- Exhibitors must be at least 18 years old.
- No pets are allowed on festival grounds.